Recipe : Easy Sautéed Kale
Updated: Nov 4, 2020
Key Words : easy side dish + kid friendly + family favorite + delicious leftover + Whole30 + Paleo + Keto
This easy sautéed kale is packed full of nutrients but the flavor is what makes it a family favorite! The sautéed kale is kid friendly, a delicious leftover, and is Whole30, Keto, Paleo compatible.
Kale is one of the healthiest foods on our planet. If you would like to learn more about the “super powers” of kale, read my blog post... https://www.wholefoodbeliever.net/post/my-favorite-color-of-the-season-is-green
Lastly and most importantly, this wonderful recipe was inspired by my dear friend, Ivy; thank you Ivy for sharing this delicious dish!
2 bunches of organic kale; TIP: Conventional kale is considered a ‘dirty dozen’ vegetable by the Environmental Working Group, so investing in the organic kale is worth it!
2 Tbsp ghee
1 red onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced; optional, but deliciously and nutritiously optionally
1) Diced onion.
2) Place diced onion and ghee in large sauce pan. Turn burner on medium heat. TIP: I use a wok so that my kale cooks throughly without spilling over the pan.
3) De-stem and wash kale. Pat dry. TIP : I use a salad spinner to speed up the cleaning and drying process.
4) Once the onion and ghee are simmering, add kale. Mix kale with onion and ghee.
5) Cover large sauce pan with top. Turn oven burner to low or off.
6) Stir occasionally until kale is dark green and saturated with ghee.
7) Serve and enjoy! Salt and pepper to taste.
Elizabeth Ray, MS RDN LD works as a registered dietitian nutritionist helping people improve their relationship with food and with themselves. Her Instagram handle is @wholefoodbeliever, and she can be found on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/e3trition. Elizabeth has also has a blog at https://www.wholefoodbeliever.net.
For your information only. The statements on this website and/or in this article are opinions. Wholefoodbeliever does not provided medical or nutritional advise, treatment, or diagnosis.